Sewer backup insurance in Strathmore, AB
There’s no question that severe weather is in the rise in Canada, which is all the more reason for Strathmore homeowners and renters alike to obtain sewer backup insurance.
The facts speak for themselves: extreme weather has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998, and water and wind damage now account for half of all property claims.
Find out how you can protect your home against Alberta's extreme weather with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Stay protected, no matter the weather
It wasn’t until very recently that Canadians were able to obtain insurance against overland flooding. This anomaly was easy to see in 2013, when Canadians experienced their worst-ever year for weather-related damage. We are happy to provide a solution with our new Comprehensive Water coverage, which is offered to clients throughout the province of Alberta, including in Strathmore. Take our free online assessment now to find out how high your home’s water risk is.
You can minimize the risk of unwanted water entering your home by installing window wells around your basement windows and making sure your eavestroughs and storm drains are free of leaves and other debris.
To learn more about sewer backup insurance and to review your options, get in touch with your local Co-operators advisor in Strathmore today.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Inclusive: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Individualized: Select the coverage limits that work best with your family’s needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a fixed dollar amount, your deductible will be a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Value-added: You can benefit from savings on the purchase of loss prevention devices, such as a secondary automatic powered back-up sump pump.
- Broad: Your home, personal property and detached structures are all covered, in addition to any surplus costs incurred in the event you are required to live elsewhere while your home is being repaired. Should your home be irreparable, you can choose to rebuild at your current location, a new location or not at all; in any event, we will still pay your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Strathmore include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
It's Insurance for a More Sustainable Future
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our sewer backup insurance in Strathmore AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Strathmore now!
Strathmore has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today