Sewer backup insurance in Hanna, AB
With the increase in severe storms across Canada in recent years, homeowners, renters and landlords in Hanna know that they need to start thinking about sewer backup insurance.
It’s no secret either that severe weather is extremely costly; in fact, water and wind damage account for half of all property claims in Canada, and extreme conditions have cost Canadians almost $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
It's time to learn how you can protect your property against the worst weather Alberta has to offer with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Protection against extreme weather conditions
It's true that Canada was one of the very few developed nations without flooding insurance until very recently. This anomaly was easy to see in 2013, when Canadians experienced their worst-ever year for weather-related damage. That's why we're pleased to introduce Comprehensive Water coverage for our valued clients in cities across Alberta, including Hanna. Start by taking our free online assessment to understand the level of risk to your property.
There are steps you can take to keep unwanted water out your home, including clearing eavestroughs, installing window wells around your basement windows and keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris.
The Co-operators is the name that generations of Canadians have known for high quality, Canadian sewer backup insurance in Hanna. Count on us for knowledgeable, reliable service and information about sewer backup insurance in Hanna and more.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Hanna include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring a Greener Future for Canadian Families
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about sewer backup insurance in Hanna AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Hanna now!
Hanna has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today