Sewer backup insurance in Calgary, AB
There’s no question that severe weather is in the rise in Canada, which is all the more reason for Calgary homeowners and renters alike to obtain sewer backup insurance.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about sewer backup insurance.
Find out how Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators can protect your biggest investment against the effects of Alberta's worst weather.
Real protection against unpredictable weather
Canada was one of the only developed nations without flooding insurance until recently. This anomaly was easy to see in 2013, when Canadians experienced their worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
There are steps you can take to keep unwanted water out your home, including clearing eavestroughs, installing window wells around your basement windows and keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris.
Don’t wait until it’s too late: contact your nearby Co-operators advisor in Calgary today for more information on sewer backup insurance and get the coverage that’s right for you.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Calgary include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a Healthier Future
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about sewer backup insurance in Calgary AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Calgary now!
Calgary has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today