Flood insurance in Wetaskiwin, AB
Severe weather is becoming increasingly problematic for Canadian homeowners, renters and landlords; as a result, it’s extremely important to have flood insurance in Wetaskiwin.
The facts speak for themselves: extreme weather has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998, and water and wind damage now account for half of all property claims.
Find out how you can protect your home against Alberta's extreme weather with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost thousands of dollars for homeowners to repair, but our flood damage insurance is fairly priced. And that’s not the only thing that sets us apart. Our network of expert advisors throughout Wetaskiwin are always prepared to provide exceptional customer service and advice on your flood damage insurance. After all, this type of insurance is somewhat new to Canada, so you’ll need details about your coverage beyond price. With 70 years of experience, we’re a co-operative that knows exactly how to make our members and communities our top priority.
Protection against extreme weather conditions
Until recently, Canada was one of the few developed nations without insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. Albertans especially won’t be soon to forget that 2013 was Canada’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Rest assured, The Co-operators now provides Comprehensive Water insurance for clients in Wetaskiwin and across Alberta. Find out your home’s risk level by taking our free online assessment now.
You can take action now and work to protect your home from water damage by sealing cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, installing window wells around your basement windows, installing downspouts and regularly maintaining your eavestroughs, among other steps.
The Co-operators is the name that generations of Canadians have known for high quality, Canadian flood insurance in Wetaskiwin. Count on us for knowledgeable, reliable service and information about flood insurance in Wetaskiwin and more.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Wetaskiwin include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring a Greener TomorrowAs a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our flood insurance in Wetaskiwin AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Wetaskiwin now!
Wetaskiwin has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today