Flood insurance in Fort McMurray, AB
As the frequency of severe storms in Canada continues to increase, it's clear that homeowners, renters and landlords in Fort McMurray are right to start thinking about flood insurance.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
Fortunately, you can put an end to your worries with Comprehensive Water coverage, a new offering in Alberta from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost thousands of dollars for homeowners to repair, but our flood damage insurance is fairly priced. And that’s not the only thing that sets us apart. For the best customer service and advice about flood insurance coverage in Fort McMurray, you can count on our network of experienced advisors. After all, being a relatively new type of insurance in Canada, you’re likely to have questions beyond the cost of coverage. Work with us and you’ll discover how we put our members and communities first through the last 70 plus years as a co-operative.
Real protection against unpredictable weather
Up until a few years ago, flood insurance did not exist in Canada. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. That's why we're pleased to introduce Comprehensive Water coverage for our valued clients in cities across Alberta, including Fort McMurray. Start by taking our free online assessment to understand the level of risk to your property.
By clearing eavestroughs, putting window wells around basement windows and making sure storm drains are clear of debris, you can help prevent unwanted water from making it into your home.
The Co-operators is the name that generations of Canadians have known for high quality, Canadian flood insurance in Fort McMurray. Count on us for knowledgeable, reliable service and information about flood insurance in Fort McMurray and more.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Fort McMurray include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring a Greener TomorrowAs a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our flood insurance in Fort McMurray AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Fort McMurray now!
Fort McMurray has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today