Flood insurance in Chestermere, AB
Severe weather is becoming increasingly problematic for Canadian homeowners, renters and landlords; as a result, it’s extremely important to have flood insurance in Chestermere.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
Find out how Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators can provide the protection you need against severe weather in Alberta.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost homeowners thousands of dollars to repair, but our flood damage insurance is affordably priced.
Yet that's not the only thing that sets us apart.
With our strong network of advisors across Chestermere and beyond, you’ll have access to the best customer service and expert advice on flood insurance coverage. After all, being a relatively new type of insurance in Canada, you’re likely to have questions beyond the cost of coverage. Work with us and you’ll discover how we put our members and communities first through the last 70 plus years as a co-operative.
Certain protection for uncertain weather
Many developed nations have insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water, but, until recently, Canada wasn't one of them. In 2013, this coverage gap was only too apparent as the country suffered its worst-ever year in terms of weather-related damage. However, you can now feel good knowing The Co-operators offers Comprehensive Water coverage to clients in Chestermere and across Alberta. Get started by using our free online assessment to find out your home’s risk level right now.
You can take action now and work to protect your home from water damage by sealing cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, installing window wells around your basement windows, installing downspouts and regularly maintaining your eavestroughs, among other steps.
Contact a Co-operators Insurance Advisor about flood insurance in Chestermere and let us show you why we're a better place for your flood insurance in Chestermere.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Tailored: Get made-to-measure coverage limits that fit your particular needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount (between 2% and 35%, with a $1,000 minimum).
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, we'll provide a discount. That includes a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Extensive: We don't only cover your home but also your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred in the event that you need to move out of your home while it's being repaired. In the event that your home is at a complete loss, you are not obligated to rebuild—we’ll honour your claim even if you rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Chestermere include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring a Greener TomorrowAs a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our flood insurance in Chestermere AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Chestermere now!
Chestermere has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today