Flood insurance in Brooks, AB
Severe weather is becoming increasingly problematic for Canadian homeowners, renters and landlords; as a result, it’s extremely important to have flood insurance in Brooks.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost homeowners thousands of dollars to repair, but our flood damage insurance is affordably priced.
And that’s not the only thing that sets us apart. Our network of expert advisors throughout Brooks are always prepared to provide exceptional customer service and advice on your flood damage insurance. After all, being a relatively new type of insurance in Canada, you’re likely to have questions beyond the cost of coverage. Work with us and you’ll discover how we put our members and communities first through the last 70 plus years as a co-operative.
We can't predict the weather but we can protect your home
Many developed nations have insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water, but, until recently, Canada wasn't one of them. In 2013, this coverage gap was only too apparent as the country suffered its worst-ever year in terms of weather-related damage. Rest assured, The Co-operators now provides Comprehensive Water insurance for clients in Brooks and across Alberta. Find out your home’s risk level by taking our free online assessment now.
By clearing eavestroughs, putting window wells around basement windows and making sure storm drains are clear of debris, you can help prevent unwanted water from making it into your home.
The Co-operators is the name that generations of Canadians have known for high quality, Canadian flood insurance in Brooks. Count on us for knowledgeable, reliable service and information about flood insurance in Brooks and more.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Personal: Take out tailored coverage limits that are appropriate for your unique needs.
- Flexible: Your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount—between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: With The Co-operators, loss prevention devices are rewarded with discounts. That includes a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Extensive: Our coverage includes your home, personal property and detached structures, as well as any costs incurred if you have to move out while your home is being repaired. If your home is at a total loss, we will pay your claim even if you make the decision to rebuild in another location.
Extended Insurance Features in Brooks include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Taking Care of the Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about flood insurance in Brooks AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Brooks now!
Brooks has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today