Flood insurance in Breton, AB
Severe weather is becoming increasingly problematic for Canadian homeowners, renters and landlords; as a result, it’s extremely important to have flood insurance in Breton.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
Find out how you can protect your home against Alberta's extreme weather with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost homeowners thousands of dollars to repair, but our flood damage insurance is affordably priced.
But that’s not the only thing we have to offer. Our network of expert advisors throughout Breton are always prepared to provide exceptional customer service and advice on your flood damage insurance. After all, it’s only natural you’d have questions beyond cost when this type of insurance is relatively new to Canada. Work with us and you’ll discover how we put our members and communities first through the last 70 plus years as a co-operative.
Stay protected, no matter the weather
Up until a few years ago, flood insurance did not exist in Canada. This gap in coverage was all too clear in 2013, which remains one of the country's most destructive and costly years in terms of weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
You can minimize the risk of unwanted water entering your home by installing window wells around your basement windows and making sure your eavestroughs and storm drains are free of leaves and other debris.
To learn more about flood insurance and to review your options, get in touch with your local Co-operators advisor in Breton today.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Inclusive: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Individualized: Select the coverage limits that work best with your family’s needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a fixed dollar amount, your deductible will be a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Value-added: You can benefit from savings on the purchase of loss prevention devices, such as a secondary automatic powered back-up sump pump.
- Broad: Your home, personal property and detached structures are all covered, in addition to any surplus costs incurred in the event you are required to live elsewhere while your home is being repaired. Should your home be irreparable, you can choose to rebuild at your current location, a new location or not at all; in any event, we will still pay your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Breton include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring a Greener Future for Canadian Families
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about flood insurance in Breton AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Breton now!
Breton has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today