Water damage insurance in Taber, AB
The number of severe storms in Canada has risen dramatically in recent years, which means homeowners, renters and landlords in Taber are more aware about water damage insurance than ever before.
It's estimated that half of all property claims can be attributed to damage caused by extreme weather, which has cost Canadians almost $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Fortunately, you can put an end to your worries with Comprehensive Water coverage, a new offering in Alberta from The Co-operators.
Protection against extreme weather conditions
Many developed nations have insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water, but, until recently, Canada wasn't one of them. Albertans especially won’t be soon to forget that 2013 was Canada’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. That's why we're proud to offer our new Comprehensive Water coverage to our clients in cities across Alberta, including Taber. There's also our free online assessment tool so you can determine the level of risk to your home.
There are steps you can take to keep unwanted water out your home, including clearing eavestroughs, installing window wells around your basement windows and keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris.
Contact a Co-operators Insurance Advisor about water damage insurance in Taber and let us show you why we're a better place for your water damage insurance in Taber.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Complete: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Tailored: Get coverage limits that fit with your specific needs.
- Flexible: As opposed to paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible will be calculated as a percentage of the claim amount (between 2% and 35%, with a $1,000 minimum).
- Cost-effective:We offer exclusive savings on loss prevention devices like secondary automatic powered back-up sump pumps.
- All-encompassing: Comprehensive Water covers your house, personal items and detached structures, along with any extra costs incurred from staying elsewhere while your home is in repair. If your home is completely destroyed, you can decide whether you want to rebuild at your present location, a new location or not at all; in any case, your claim will still be paid.
Extended Insurance Features in Taber include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring Canada's Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our water damage insurance in Taber AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Taber now!
Taber has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today