Water damage insurance in St. Albert, AB
As the frequency of severe storms in Canada continues to increase, it's clear that homeowners, renters and landlords in St. Albert are right to start thinking about water damage insurance.
Since 1998, wind and water damage caused by extreme weather has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion, which is half of all property claims.
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Stay protected, no matter the weather
It wasn’t until very recently that Canadians were able to obtain insurance against overland flooding. Depending upon your needs, critical illness insurance coverage may provide lump sum benefit amounts which can range from $25, 000 to $2, 000, 000. That's why we're pleased to introduce Comprehensive Water coverage for our valued clients in cities across Alberta, including St. Albert. Start by taking our free online assessment to understand the level of risk to your property.
By clearing eavestroughs, putting window wells around basement windows and making sure storm drains are clear of debris, you can help prevent unwanted water from making it into your home.
To learn more about water damage insurance and to review your options, get in touch with your local Co-operators advisor in St. Albert today.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in St. Albert include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Taking Care of the Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about water damage insurance in St. Albert AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in St. Albert now!
St. Albert has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today