Water damage insurance in Slave Lake, AB
With the increase in severe storms across Canada in recent years, homeowners, renters and landlords in Slave Lake know that they need to start thinking about water damage insurance.
Half of all property claims are now attributed to water and wind damage from extreme weather, costing Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Find out how Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators can provide the protection you need against severe weather in Alberta.
Weather the storm with complete coverage
Up until a few years ago, flood insurance did not exist in Canada. This anomaly was easy to see in 2013, when Canadians experienced their worst-ever year for weather-related damage. We are happy to provide a solution with our new Comprehensive Water coverage, which is offered to clients throughout the province of Alberta, including in Slave Lake. Take our free online assessment now to find out how high your home’s water risk is.
By clearing eavestroughs, putting window wells around basement windows and making sure storm drains are clear of debris, you can help prevent unwanted water from making it into your home.
Your Co-operators advisor can tell you all about our water damage insurance in Slave Lake — and how our coverage can protect your loved ones, your home and everything in it when extreme weather strikes.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site — we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Slave Lake include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a More Sustainable Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about water damage insurance in Slave Lake AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Slave Lake now!
Slave Lake has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today