Water damage insurance in High River, AB
With the increase in severe storms across Canada in recent years, homeowners, renters and landlords in High River know that they need to start thinking about water damage insurance.
Did you know that around half of all property claims are the direct result of weather-related water and wind damage, which has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998?
Find out how Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators can provide the protection you need against severe weather in Alberta.
Protection against extreme weather conditions
It's true that Canada was one of the very few developed nations without flooding insurance until very recently. This gap in coverage was all too clear in 2013, which remains one of the country's most destructive and costly years in terms of weather-related damage. We are happy to provide a solution with our new Comprehensive Water coverage, which is offered to clients throughout the province of Alberta, including in High River. Take our free online assessment now to find out how high your home’s water risk is.
There are steps you can take to keep unwanted water out your home, including clearing eavestroughs, installing window wells around your basement windows and keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris.
Your Co-operators advisor can tell you all about our water damage insurance in High River—and how our coverage can protect your loved ones, your home and everything in it when extreme weather strikes.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in High River include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring a Greener TomorrowAs a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our water damage insurance in High River AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in High River now!
High River has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today