Water damage insurance in Cochrane, AB
As the frequency of severe storms in Canada continues to increase, it's clear that homeowners, renters and landlords in Cochrane are right to start thinking about water damage insurance.
It's estimated that half of all property claims can be attributed to damage caused by extreme weather, which has cost Canadians almost $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Find out how you can protect your home against Alberta's extreme weather with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Certain protection for uncertain weather
Until recently, Canada was one of the few developed nations without insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. Depending upon your needs, critical illness insurance coverage may provide lump sum benefit amounts which can range from $25, 000 to $2, 000, 000. However, you can now feel good knowing The Co-operators offers Comprehensive Water coverage to clients in Cochrane and across Alberta. Get started by using our free online assessment to find out your home’s risk level right now.
You can take action now and work to protect your home from water damage by sealing cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, installing window wells around your basement windows, installing downspouts and regularly maintaining your eavestroughs, among other steps.
Contact a Co-operators Insurance Advisor about water damage insurance in Cochrane and let us show you why we're a better place for your water damage insurance in Cochrane.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Complete: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Tailored: Get coverage limits that fit with your specific needs.
- Flexible: As opposed to paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible will be calculated as a percentage of the claim amount (between 2% and 35%, with a $1,000 minimum).
- Cost-effective:We offer exclusive savings on loss prevention devices like secondary automatic powered back-up sump pumps.
- All-encompassing: Comprehensive Water covers your house, personal items and detached structures, along with any extra costs incurred from staying elsewhere while your home is in repair. If your home is completely destroyed, you can decide whether you want to rebuild at your present location, a new location or not at all; in any case, your claim will still be paid.
Extended Insurance Features in Cochrane include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a Greener Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about water damage insurance in Cochrane AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Cochrane now!
Cochrane has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today