Water damage insurance in Cardston, AB
The number of severe storms in Canada has risen dramatically in recent years, which means homeowners, renters and landlords in Cardston are more aware about water damage insurance than ever before.
Half of all property claims are now attributed to water and wind damage from extreme weather, costing Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Stay protected, no matter the weather
Canada was one of the only developed nations without flooding insurance until recently. This gap in coverage was all too clear in 2013, which remains one of the country's most destructive and costly years in terms of weather-related damage. That's why we're proud to offer our new Comprehensive Water coverage to our clients in cities across Alberta, including Cardston. There's also our free online assessment tool so you can determine the level of risk to your home.
There are steps you can take to keep unwanted water out your home, including clearing eavestroughs, installing window wells around your basement windows and keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris.
To learn more about water damage insurance and to review your options, get in touch with your local Co-operators advisor in Cardston today.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Cardston include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a Healthier Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our water damage insurance in Cardston AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Cardston now!
Cardston has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today