Water damage insurance in Camrose, AB
With the increase in severe storms across Canada in recent years, homeowners, renters and landlords in Camrose know that they need to start thinking about water damage insurance.
The facts speak for themselves: extreme weather has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998, and water and wind damage now account for half of all property claims.
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Reassuring coverage against unpredictable weather
Until recently, Canada was one of the few developed nations without insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
You don’t have to wait to better protect your home from water damage: take action now by sealing any cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, cleaning your eavestroughs on a regular basis, installing downspouts and keeping storm drains clear of debris, among other steps.
To learn more about water damage insurance and to review your options, get in touch with your local Co-operators advisor in Camrose today.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Camrose include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a Greener Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about water damage insurance in Camrose AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Camrose now!
Camrose has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today