Water damage insurance in Breton, AB
There’s no question that severe weather is in the rise in Canada, which is all the more reason for Breton homeowners and renters alike to obtain water damage insurance.
Did you know that around half of all property claims are the direct result of weather-related water and wind damage, which has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998?
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Certain protection for uncertain weather
Until recent years, insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water was not available in Canada. Depending upon your needs, the lump sum benefit amount of this critical illness insurance coverage can range from $25, 000 to $2, 000, 000. For that reason, we're proud to provide Comprehensive Water coverage for our clients in cities across Alberta, including Breton. If you need to determine the risk to your home, there's also our easy-to-use online assessment tool.
There are steps you can take to keep unwanted water out your home, including clearing eavestroughs, installing window wells around your basement windows and keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris.
Don’t wait until it’s too late: contact your nearby Co-operators advisor in Breton today for more information on water damage insurance and get the coverage that’s right for you.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Complete: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Tailored: Get coverage limits that fit with your specific needs.
- Flexible: As opposed to paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible will be calculated as a percentage of the claim amount (between 2% and 35%, with a $1,000 minimum).
- Cost-effective:We offer exclusive savings on loss prevention devices like secondary automatic powered back-up sump pumps.
- All-encompassing: Comprehensive Water covers your house, personal items and detached structures, along with any extra costs incurred from staying elsewhere while your home is in repair. If your home is completely destroyed, you can decide whether you want to rebuild at your present location, a new location or not at all; in any case, your claim will still be paid.
Extended Insurance Features in Breton include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring a Greener TomorrowAs a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our water damage insurance in Breton AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Breton now!
Breton has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today