Water damage insurance in Bashaw, AB
The number of severe storms in Canada has risen dramatically in recent years, which means homeowners, renters and landlords in Bashaw are more aware about water damage insurance than ever before.
It's estimated that half of all property claims can be attributed to damage caused by extreme weather, which has cost Canadians almost $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Protection against extreme weather conditions
Until recently, Canada was one of the few developed nations without insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. This gap in coverage was especially apparent in 2013, when Canada experienced its worst-ever year for weather-related damage. We're proud to offer a solution with our new Comprehensive Water coverage for clients in cities across Alberta, including Bashaw. You can also get a free online assessment to find out the level of risk to your home.
You don’t have to wait to better protect your home from water damage: take action now by sealing any cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, cleaning your eavestroughs on a regular basis, installing downspouts and keeping storm drains clear of debris, among other steps.
Contact a Co-operators Insurance Advisor about water damage insurance in Bashaw and let us show you why we're a better place for your water damage insurance in Bashaw.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Bashaw include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring Canada's Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our water damage insurance in Bashaw AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Bashaw now!
Bashaw has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today