Water damage insurance in Athabaska, AB
There’s no question that severe weather is in the rise in Canada, which is all the more reason for Athabaska homeowners and renters alike to obtain water damage insurance.
Did you know that around half of all property claims are the direct result of weather-related water and wind damage, which has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998?
Rest assured you can now obtain coverage against extreme weather in Alberta with Comprehensive Water insurance from The Co-operators.
We can't predict the weather but we can protect your home
It wasn’t until very recently that Canadians were able to obtain insurance against overland flooding. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. We're proud to offer a solution with our new Comprehensive Water coverage for clients in cities across Alberta, including Athabaska. You can also get a free online assessment to find out the level of risk to your home.
If you clear your storm drains and eavestroughs and install window wells around your basement windows, you can mitigate the risk of unwanted water causing damage to your home.
Your Co-operators advisor can tell you all about our water damage insurance in Athabaska — and how our coverage can protect your loved ones, your home and everything in it when extreme weather strikes.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Tailored: Get made-to-measure coverage limits that fit your particular needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount (between 2% and 35%, with a $1,000 minimum).
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, we'll provide a discount. That includes a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Extensive: We don't only cover your home but also your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred in the event that you need to move out of your home while it's being repaired. In the event that your home is at a complete loss, you are not obligated to rebuild — we’ll honour your claim even if you rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Athabaska include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Think of it as Insurance for the Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our water damage insurance in Athabaska AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Athabaska now!
Athabaska has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today