Sewer backup insurance in Whitecourt, AB
As the frequency of severe storms in Canada continues to increase, it's clear that homeowners, renters and landlords in Whitecourt are right to start thinking about sewer backup insurance.
It's estimated that half of all property claims can be attributed to damage caused by extreme weather, which has cost Canadians almost $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Fortunately, you can put an end to your worries with Comprehensive Water coverage, a new offering in Alberta from The Co-operators.
We can't predict the weather but we can protect your home
Until recently, Canada was one of the few developed nations without insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
You can take action now and work to protect your home from water damage by sealing cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, installing window wells around your basement windows, installing downspouts and regularly maintaining your eavestroughs, among other steps.
Contact a Co-operators Insurance Advisor about sewer backup insurance in Whitecourt and let us show you why we're a better place for your sewer backup insurance in Whitecourt.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Whitecourt include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Taking Care of the Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about sewer backup insurance in Whitecourt AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Whitecourt now!
Whitecourt has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today