Sewer backup insurance in Spirit River, AB
With the increase in severe storms across Canada in recent years, homeowners, renters and landlords in Spirit River know that they need to start thinking about sewer backup insurance.
It’s no secret either that severe weather is extremely costly; in fact, water and wind damage account for half of all property claims in Canada, and extreme conditions have cost Canadians almost $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Find out how you can protect your home against Alberta's extreme weather with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
Reassuring coverage against unpredictable weather
It's true that Canada was one of the very few developed nations without flooding insurance until very recently. This lack of coverage came to the forefront in 2013, when Canada faced its most destructive year to date for weather-related damage. We are happy to provide a solution with our new Comprehensive Water coverage, which is offered to clients throughout the province of Alberta, including in Spirit River. Take our free online assessment now to find out how high your home’s water risk is.
You don’t have to wait to better protect your home from water damage: take action now by sealing any cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, cleaning your eavestroughs on a regular basis, installing downspouts and keeping storm drains clear of debris, among other steps.
The Co-operators is the name that generations of Canadians have known for high quality, Canadian sewer backup insurance in Spirit River. Count on us for knowledgeable, reliable service and information about sewer backup insurance in Spirit River and more.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Spirit River include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a Healthier Future
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about sewer backup insurance in Spirit River AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Spirit River now!
Spirit River has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today