Sewer backup insurance in Oyen, AB
Canada has experienced an increasing number of severe storms in recent years, which means the time is right for Oyen homeowners, renters and landlords to start considering sewer backup insurance.
Half of all property claims are now attributed to water and wind damage from extreme weather, costing Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998.
Fortunately, you can put an end to your worries with Comprehensive Water coverage, a new offering in Alberta from The Co-operators.
Reassuring coverage against unpredictable weather
Many developed nations have insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water, but, until recently, Canada wasn't one of them. This anomaly was easy to see in 2013, when Canadians experienced their worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Rest assured, The Co-operators now provides Comprehensive Water insurance for clients in Oyen and across Alberta. Find out your home’s risk level by taking our free online assessment now.
You can minimize the risk of unwanted water entering your home by installing window wells around your basement windows and making sure your eavestroughs and storm drains are free of leaves and other debris.
Don’t wait until it’s too late: contact your nearby Co-operators advisor in Oyen today for more information on sewer backup insurance and get the coverage that’s right for you.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Inclusive: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Individualized: Select the coverage limits that work best with your family’s needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a fixed dollar amount, your deductible will be a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Value-added: You can benefit from savings on the purchase of loss prevention devices, such as a secondary automatic powered back-up sump pump.
- Broad: Your home, personal property and detached structures are all covered, in addition to any surplus costs incurred in the event you are required to live elsewhere while your home is being repaired. Should your home be irreparable, you can choose to rebuild at your current location, a new location or not at all; in any event, we will still pay your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Oyen include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Think of it as Insurance for the Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our sewer backup insurance in Oyen AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Oyen now!
Oyen has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today