Sewer backup insurance in Edmonton, AB
Severe weather has become a growing concern in Canada in recent years, which is why both homeowners and renters should get equipped with sewer backup insurance in Edmonton.
Did you know that around half of all property claims are the direct result of weather-related water and wind damage, which has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998?
Rest assured you can now obtain coverage against extreme weather in Alberta with Comprehensive Water insurance from The Co-operators.
Weather the storm with complete coverage
Canada was one of the only developed nations without flooding insurance until recently. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
You can minimize the risk of unwanted water entering your home by installing window wells around your basement windows and making sure your eavestroughs and storm drains are free of leaves and other debris.
Talk to your local Co-operators advisor about sewer backup insurance in Edmonton today and discover firsthand how we can help keep your family, your home and everything in it protected from the damaging effects of severe weather.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Personalized: Get tailored coverage limits to suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Rather than paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: You can enjoy discounts if you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Extensive: We cover your home, personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out of your home while it's repaired. If your home is a complete loss, there’s no obligation to rebuild; we’ll still pay your claim if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Edmonton include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a More Sustainable Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about sewer backup insurance in Edmonton AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Edmonton now!
Edmonton has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today