Flood insurance in Oyen, AB
With the increase in severe storms across Canada in recent years, homeowners, renters and landlords in Oyen know that they need to start thinking about flood insurance.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
It's time to learn how you can protect your property against the worst weather Alberta has to offer with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost thousands of dollars for homeowners to repair, but our flood damage insurance is fairly priced. But that’s not the only thing we have to offer. Our network of expert advisors throughout Oyen are always prepared to provide exceptional customer service and advice on your flood damage insurance. After all, this type of insurance is somewhat new to Canada, so you’ll need details about your coverage beyond price. Work with us and you’ll discover how we put our members and communities first through the last 70 plus years as a co-operative.
Real protection against unpredictable weather
Canada was one of the only developed nations without flooding insurance until recently. This gap in coverage was especially apparent in 2013, when Canada experienced its worst-ever year for weather-related damage. That's why we're proud to offer our new Comprehensive Water coverage to our clients in cities across Alberta, including Oyen. There's also our free online assessment tool so you can determine the level of risk to your home.
You don’t have to wait to better protect your home from water damage: take action now by sealing any cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, cleaning your eavestroughs on a regular basis, installing downspouts and keeping storm drains clear of debris, among other steps.
To learn more about flood insurance and to review your options, get in touch with your local Co-operators advisor in Oyen today.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Tailored: Get made-to-measure coverage limits that fit your particular needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount (between 2% and 35%, with a $1,000 minimum).
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, we'll provide a discount. That includes a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Extensive: We don't only cover your home but also your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred in the event that you need to move out of your home while it's being repaired. In the event that your home is at a complete loss, you are not obligated to rebuild—we’ll honour your claim even if you rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Oyen include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
It's Insurance for a More Sustainable Future
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our flood insurance in Oyen AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Oyen now!
Oyen has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today