Flood insurance in High Level, AB
As the frequency of severe storms in Canada continues to increase, it's clear that homeowners, renters and landlords in High Level are right to start thinking about flood insurance.
Did you know that around half of all property claims are the direct result of weather-related water and wind damage, which has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998?
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost thousands of dollars for homeowners to repair, but our flood damage insurance is fairly priced. But that’s not the only thing we have to offer. With our strong network of advisors across High Level and beyond, you’ll have access to the best customer service and expert advice on flood insurance coverage. After all, being a relatively new type of insurance in Canada, you’re likely to have questions beyond the cost of coverage. As a co-operative for the last 70 plus years, we have plenty of experience putting our members and communities first—that’s why you should work with us!
We can't predict the weather but we can protect your home
It wasn’t until very recently that Canadians were able to obtain insurance against overland flooding. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
If you clear your storm drains and eavestroughs and install window wells around your basement windows, you can mitigate the risk of unwanted water causing damage to your home.
The Co-operators is the name that generations of Canadians have known for high quality, Canadian flood insurance in High Level. Count on us for knowledgeable, reliable service and information about flood insurance in High Level and more.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in High Level include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Taking Care of the Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about flood insurance in High Level AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in High Level now!
High Level has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today