Flood insurance in Grande Prairie, AB
Severe weather is becoming increasingly problematic for Canadian homeowners, renters and landlords; as a result, it’s extremely important to have flood insurance in Grande Prairie.
Did you know that around half of all property claims are the direct result of weather-related water and wind damage, which has cost Canadians nearly $10 billion in insurance claims since 1998?
Find out how you can protect your home against Alberta's extreme weather with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost homeowners thousands of dollars to repair, but our flood damage insurance is affordably priced.
Yet that's not the only thing that sets us apart.
With our network of advisors in Alberta and beyond, you can expect exceptional service and expert advice about flood insurance coverage.
After all, this type of insurance is relatively new to Canada, so you need to know more than just the price on the quote.
Work with us and find out why we've thrived as a co-operative for more than 70 years—always putting our members and communities first.
Stay protected, no matter the weather
It wasn’t until very recently that Canadians were able to obtain insurance against overland flooding. Albertans especially won’t be soon to forget that 2013 was Canada’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
By clearing eavestroughs, putting window wells around basement windows and making sure storm drains are clear of debris, you can help prevent unwanted water from making it into your home.
The Co-operators is the name that generations of Canadians have known for high quality, Canadian flood insurance in Grande Prairie. Count on us for knowledgeable, reliable service and information about flood insurance in Grande Prairie and more.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Grande Prairie include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring Canada's Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our flood insurance in Grande Prairie AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Grande Prairie now!
Grande Prairie has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today