Flood insurance in Grande Prairie, AB
Severe weather has become a growing concern in Canada in recent years, which is why both homeowners and renters should get equipped with flood insurance in Grande Prairie.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
Find out how Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators can protect your biggest investment against the effects of Alberta's worst weather.
What sets us apart?
The cost of repairing flood damage can set homeowners back thousands of dollars, which is why we provide reasonably priced flood damage insurance. And that’s not the only thing that sets us apart. With our strong network of advisors across Grande Prairie and beyond, you’ll have access to the best customer service and expert advice on flood insurance coverage. After all, this type of insurance is somewhat new to Canada, so you’ll need details about your coverage beyond price. With 70 years of experience, we’re a co-operative that knows exactly how to make our members and communities our top priority.
We can't predict the weather but we can protect your home
Up until a few years ago, flood insurance did not exist in Canada. This lack of coverage came to the forefront in 2013, when Canada faced its most destructive year to date for weather-related damage. Our insurance keeps you covered.
There are steps you can take to keep unwanted water out your home, including clearing eavestroughs, installing window wells around your basement windows and keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris.
Get in touch with your local Co-operators advisor about flood insurance in Grande Prairie today and learn more about the ways in which we can protect your home and everything in it against the damaging effects of severe weather.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Grande Prairie include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a Healthier Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our flood insurance in Grande Prairie AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Grande Prairie now!
Grande Prairie has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today