Flood insurance in Brooks, AB
As the frequency of severe storms in Canada continues to increase, it's clear that homeowners, renters and landlords in Brooks are right to start thinking about flood insurance.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
Find out how you can protect your home against Alberta's extreme weather with Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
Flood damage can cost homeowners thousands of dollars to repair, but our flood damage insurance is affordably priced.
Yet that's not the only thing that sets us apart.
With our network of advisors in Alberta and beyond, you can expect exceptional service and expert advice about flood insurance coverage.
After all, this type of insurance is relatively new to Canada, so you need to know more than just the price on the quote.
Work with us and find out why we've thrived as a co-operative for more than 70 years—always putting our members and communities first.
Reassuring coverage against unpredictable weather
Until recent years, insurance against flooding rivers, lakes and other bodies of water was not available in Canada. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. However, you can now feel good knowing The Co-operators offers Comprehensive Water coverage to clients in Brooks and across Alberta. Get started by using our free online assessment to find out your home’s risk level right now.
You can minimize the risk of unwanted water entering your home by installing window wells around your basement windows and making sure your eavestroughs and storm drains are free of leaves and other debris.
Don’t wait until it’s too late: contact your nearby Co-operators advisor in Brooks today for more information on flood insurance and get the coverage that’s right for you.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Straightforward: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Custom: Choose the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Flexible: Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible is a percentage of the claim amount, ranging from 2% to 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Cost-effective: You can take advantage of discounts if you choose to install such loss prevention devices as a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup.
- Comprehensive: Rest assured your home, personal belongings and detached structures are covered, as well as additional costs incurred if you need to stay elsewhere while your home is being repaired. If your home is unable to be repaired, it’s up to you whether you wish to rebuild or not; either way, we will still honour your claim.
Extended Insurance Features in Brooks include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Investing in a Greener Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about flood insurance in Brooks AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Brooks now!
Brooks has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today