Flood insurance in Bonnyville, AB
As the frequency of severe storms in Canada continues to increase, it's clear that homeowners, renters and landlords in Bonnyville are right to start thinking about flood insurance.
Local Co-operators Insurance Advisors across the province can answer any questions you might have about flood insurance.
Make sure your home is protected against Alberta's extreme weather: learn more about Comprehensive Water coverage from The Co-operators.
What sets us apart?
It’s possible for homeowners to be stuck with a bill in the thousands for flood damage repair, which is why we provide affordable flood damage insurance. Yet that's not the only thing that sets us apart.
With our network of advisors in Alberta and beyond, you can expect exceptional service and expert advice about flood insurance coverage.
After all, this type of insurance is relatively new to Canada, so you need to know more than just the price on the quote.
As a co-operative for the last 70 plus years, we have plenty of experience putting our members and communities first—that’s why you should work with us!
We can't predict the weather but we can protect your home
It's true that Canada was one of the very few developed nations without flooding insurance until very recently. This coverage gap was highlighted in 2013, the country’s worst-ever year for weather-related damage. That's why we're proud to offer our new Comprehensive Water coverage to our clients in cities across Alberta, including Bonnyville. There's also our free online assessment tool so you can determine the level of risk to your home.
You can take action now and work to protect your home from water damage by sealing cracks in your foundation walls and basement floors, installing window wells around your basement windows, installing downspouts and regularly maintaining your eavestroughs, among other steps.
Contact a Co-operators Insurance Advisor about flood insurance in Bonnyville and let us show you why we're a better place for your flood insurance in Bonnyville.
Our Comprehensive Water coverage is:
- Simple: This one product covers you for damage caused by sewer or water backup, flooding caused by an overflow of a body of water, buildup of surface water caused by extreme weather events, and underground water that rises and comes into your home.
- Customizable: Get the coverage limits that best suit your individual needs.
- Flexible: Deductibles are a percentage of the claim amount between 2% and 35% with a $1,000 minimum.
- Budget-friendly: If you install loss prevention devices, including a backflow prevention device or a primary sump pump with a secondary automatic powered backup, we will reward you with a discount.
- Extensive: Our coverage doesn't stop at the building itself: it also includes your personal property, detached structures and costs incurred if you have to move out during repairs. In the event of a total loss, rest assured you're not obliged to rebuild on the same site—we will still pay out your claim even if you decide to rebuild elsewhere.
Extended Insurance Features in Bonnyville include:
- Increased Liability
- Comprehensive coverage
Ensuring Canada's Tomorrow
As a responsible corporate citizen, we believe in balancing our economic, environmental and social priorities. In fact, The Co-operators was recently recognized in Hewitt Associate's Green 30 guide, which identified Canada's 30 most environmentally-conscious employers. Talk to The Co-operators today about our flood insurance in Bonnyville AND about what we're doing to help the environment.
Get extended Insurance in Bonnyville now!
Bonnyville has a public policy system that provides a minimum level of mandatory coverage to vehicle owners when they purchase license plates.
Sign up for an eNewsletter today